With bikes, some people will:
- Buy their bike pre-assembled and will go to an expert to fix it.
- Buy their bike pre-assembled and will fix it themselves.
- Assemble their bike themselves from parts of their choosing.
With religion, some people will:
- Stick to their religion dogmatically, and go to experts for guidance.
- Stick to their religion, but think about it for themselves. They may stray from dogma if the dogma doesn’t work for them.
- Study many religions and try to find the parts that work for them, to create a personal spirituality. The kid in the picture is doing this.
I’m somewhere between 2 and 3. I need to think about things for myself.
Puzzle time: How many different religious symbols can you spot in the picture?